What’s New at UVenus:
● If you missed the #Femlead Twitter chat, on summer plans and productivity, led by Brenda Bethman (@brendabethman) on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 from 2-230pm EDT, you can read the archive of the conversation here.
What’s New With Our Writers:
● Rosalie Arcala Hall attended the Asian Public Intellectual Regional Project assessment team meeting in Jakarta, Indonesia on 1-4 June and the culminating event in Bangkok, Thailand on 12-17 June. She chairs the assessment team, which spearheaded the reflection seminar on the regional project. The Bangkok event wraps up the 3-year regional project for which Rosalie participated as Philippine working group leader and foreign participant to the site visit in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
● Rosalie Arcala Hall just got word that two collaborative projects she was invited to join in were approved for implementation in 2012: water governance under the UP System Emerging Interdisciplinary Research Grant and S.E.R.V.E., a community service project in Panay under the US State Department Alumni Fund.
● Janine Utell led the inaugural #yearofulysses Twitter livechat on James Joyce’s Ulysses as part of the Modernist Versions Project (led by the University of Victoria). Check out the Storify here; read a lovely piece by fellow UVenus writer Lee Skallerup on her blog College Ready Writing here.
● Bonnie Stewart is developing and launching a new, intensive UPEI Masters in Education course entitled Building a Culture for Reading in a Digital Age.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
● Don’t miss the next #Femlead Twitter chat, led by Curt Rice, on Tuesday, July 3, 2012 from 2-3pm EDT.
● Rosalie Arcala Hall will present two papers (on asymmetric warfare and women in the force) at the International Sociological Association Research Committee 01 Interim Conference in Maribor, Slovenia on 08-12 July. Her travel is supported by the UP Visayas and UP System Research Dissemination Grants.