What’s New at UVenus:
● If you missed the #Femlead Twitter chat, on summer plans and productivity, led by Brenda Bethman (@brendabethman) on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 from 2-230pm EDT, you can read the archive of the conversation here.
What’s New With Our Writers:
● Rosalie Arcala Hall attended the Asian Public Intellectual Regional Project assessment team meeting in Jakarta, Indonesia on 1-4 June and the culminating event in Bangkok, Thailand on 12-17 June. She chairs the assessment team, which spearheaded the reflection seminar on the regional project. The Bangkok event wraps up the 3-year regional project for which Rosalie participated as Philippine working group leader and foreign participant to the site visit in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
● Rosalie Arcala Hall just got word that two collaborative projects she was invited to join in were approved for implementation in 2012: water governance under the UP System Emerging Interdisciplinary Research Grant and S.E.R.V.E., a community service project in Panay under the US State Department Alumni Fund.
● Janine Utell led the inaugural #yearofulysses Twitter livechat on James Joyce’s Ulysses as part of the Modernist Versions Project (led by the University of Victoria). Check out the Storify here; read a lovely piece by fellow UVenus writer Lee Skallerup on her blog College Ready Writing here.
● Bonnie Stewart is developing and launching a new, intensive UPEI Masters in Education course entitled Building a Culture for Reading in a Digital Age.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
● Don’t miss the next #Femlead Twitter chat, led by Curt Rice, on Tuesday, July 3, 2012 from 2-3pm EDT.
● Rosalie Arcala Hall will present two papers (on asymmetric warfare and women in the force) at the International Sociological Association Research Committee 01 Interim Conference in Maribor, Slovenia on 08-12 July. Her travel is supported by the UP Visayas and UP System Research Dissemination Grants.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading