November 27, 2011
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon spoke at the Occupy Victoria encampment on Sat, Nov 19th. She also attended “Addressing Disruptive and Disrespectful Classroom Behavior” and learned lots. A blog post is percolating based on the workshop.
- On November 21st, Ana Dinescu attended the full session of TEDxBerlin featuring various discussions and presentations on creative life and social design in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe.
- Itır Toksöz attended a workshop on Counter Trafficking (trafficking of human beings) on November 23rd organized by the International Organization for Migration in Istanbul as part of the “Awareness Raising on International Migration in Istanbul”, an Intercultural week on Migration.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon blogged about the local TEDx Youth conference: and blogged about the campus community, occupy movement and privilege.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette demands that we take back higher education and reflects on NSSE and mandatory attendance.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe wants Americans to say Thanks for Giving.
- Liana Silva talks about sending her writing to a fiction contest.
- Itır Toksöz will be speaking on “Security States and Democratization” at the Open Classroom “America, Islam and the Middle East” at Northeastern University in Boston on November 29th at 18:00.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading