What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 26 November 2011
November 27, 2011 - 6:22am
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon spoke at the Occupy Victoria encampment on Sat, Nov 19th. She also attended “Addressing Disruptive and Disrespectful Classroom Behavior” and learned lots. A blog post is percolating based on the workshop.
- On November 21st, Ana Dinescu attended the full session of TEDxBerlin featuring various discussions and presentations on creative life and social design in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe.
- Itır Toksöz attended a workshop on Counter Trafficking (trafficking of human beings) on November 23rd organized by the International Organization for Migration in Istanbul as part of the “Awareness Raising on International Migration in Istanbul”, an Intercultural week on Migration.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon blogged about the local TEDx Youth conference: and blogged about the campus community, occupy movement and privilege.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette demands that we take back higher education and reflects on NSSE and mandatory attendance.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe wants Americans to say Thanks for Giving.
- Liana Silva talks about sending her writing to a fiction contest.
- Itır Toksöz will be speaking on “Security States and Democratization” at the Open Classroom “America, Islam and the Middle East” at Northeastern University in Boston on November 29th at 18:00.
Search for Jobs
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chestnut Hill, MA
Enrolling more than 23,000 students, DePaul is the ninth-largest private and largest Catholic university in the country. It offers over 200 graduate...
SCAD is one of the most well received art colleges in the country. The Savannah campus offers 69 degree programs with a full university experience in...