January 30, 2014
- It’s Our Crisis, Not an Adjunct Crisis at Academe Blog. Responses to the adjunct crisis on Academe (ongoing).
- How To Stay Sane: The Art of Revising Your Inner Storytelling by Maria Popova at BrainPickings.
- MOOC MOOC: Dark Underbelly by Jesse Stommel & Sean Michael Morris at Hybrid Pedagogy.
- Jan Brady at Exhaust Fumes. On Being the “Middle Child” in the Higher Education Hierarchy.
- The Library of the Future Is Here by Brian Resnick at The Atlantic Cities.
- Happy 30th birthday to the Macintosh by Sebastian Payne at The Spectator.
- Funding the humanities: what story do we want to tell? by Earl Lewis at The Guardian.
- Mary Barry Brings Teaming to General Motors by Amy Edmondson at HBR Blogs.
- Why White Feminists Need to Shut Up and Listen When it Comes to Race by Briana Ureña-Ravelo at Feminspire.
- Vulnerability, Contingency, and Advocacy in Higher Education by Jesse Stommel at Jesse Stommel.
- When Rights Collide, in Quebec and at York and York Professor at Centre of Religious Rights Furor: Rights Code is the Issue by Paul Grayson at The Globe and Mail. On the ongoing coverage of the York University religious accommodation debate.
- Committing to play for a college, then starting 9th Grade by Nathaniel Popper at The New York Times.
- At The Grammys, Beyoncé And Jay-Z Made The Case For Marriage That Conservatives Can’t by Alyssa Rosenberg at Think Progress.
- Dear Girls: On Half a Lifetime Without my Mother by Claire Bidwell Smith at The Huffington Post.
Read more by
Opinions on Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Blog U
What Others Are Reading