Inside Higher Ed is seeking an experienced, enterprising reporter to cover the federal government's many-pronged involvement in higher education. Our readers will look to this reporter to understand what's happening in Washington and why it matters to them, cutting through the jargon and the Beltway B.S. Just a few of the many timely issues on this reporter's agenda: the 2016 election, concerns about student debt and the quest to define the "value" of a college degree, the continued crackdown on for-profit higher education, accountability legislation, immigration and federal science policy.
Our reporters mix beat reporting, analysis and creative approaches to telling stories; candidates should be able to juggle multiple articles at once, and should like to dig deeply and to learn. Candidates should have meaningful professional reporting experience; a background covering the federal government and/or higher education is a plus.
Inside Higher Ed publishes breaking news, features, commentary, blogs and other content each weekday, and has quickly established itself as a fresh, authoritative, independent voice for its 1.4 million unique monthly users and 113,000 daily e-mail subscribers.
Inside Higher Ed offers competitive pay, good benefits (including heavily subsidized health, dental and life insurance premiums), and three weeks' vacation. Centrally located in downtown D.C. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and five strong clips to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Reporter Job Search
Inside Higher Ed
1015 18th Street, N.W., Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20036
No phone calls, please.
Inside Higher Ed, the online source for news, opinion and jobs for all of higher education, is seeking a talented advertising operations professional to join our team as Digital Advertising Operations Manager. The person in this position is responsible for the set-up, execution and management of all Inside Higher Ed digital advertising campaigns using the DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) ad server. The Digital Advertising Operations Manager will partner with internal teams (sales, marketing, IT and management) as well as external clients to receive, implement and troubleshoot advertising campaigns for Inside Higher Ed’s clients. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop new internal processes as well as new products/tech offerings across platforms. This position reports to the VP/Digital.
- Work alongside sales and marketing partners to implement and oversee ad campaigns across web, mobile and email products
- Oversight of scheduling calendar and inventory reservation and management
- Provide pre-implementation and post-implementation support to display advertisers
- Setup, traffic, and optimize online ad campaigns in DFP, working with advertisers and ad networks to receive assets for campaign launches
- Provide technical support to advertisers, account managers and others by identifying, reporting and resolving technical issues
- Optimize campaigns, including reviewing reports and making changes to improve performance
- QA or troubleshoot 3rd party tags and other advertiser-provided creative
- Develop and streamline processes to facilitate and expedite display publisher on-boarding and case/incident tracking, as needed
- Opportunity to develop and build out exciting new ad products/ad tech offerings for desktop and mobile
- Work closely with sales, marketing, editorial, design and tech on the creation and implementation of custom advertising solutions
- Stay abreast of current and upcoming technology product capabilities
- Minimum two years’ experience in digital traffic operations for a publisher or agency
- Experience working with DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)
- Experience troubleshooting issues and managing network-level inventory for revenue fulfillment
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on a tight deadline with a calm and cool demeanor
- Extremely strong attention to detail with superb project management skills
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding and logic
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of IAB Advertising guidelines
Inside Higher Ed offers competitive pay, good benefits (including heavily subsidized health, dental and life insurance premiums), and three weeks' vacation. Centrally located in downtown D.C. The employer is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract or remote opportunities available.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter giving us some detail around your background and interest in this role.
Search for Jobs