Reporting Intern (Fall)
Inside Higher Ed is seeking a (paid) reporting intern for the fall.
Inside Higher Ed's interns work shoulder to shoulder with our team of reporters, reporting and writing news and feature stories for our 1.3 million monthly readers. They do little to no grunt work.
Interns need to show intellectual curiosity, an ability to juggle multiple assignments, and an inclination to dig deeply. They should have at least two years of college journalism experience, and some previous professional experience is desirable.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter and five strong clips to Doug Lederman at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below.
Interns will be paid a more-than-livable monthly stipend.
Editorial Internship Search
Inside Higher Ed
1015 18th Street, N.W., Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20036
Digital Account Manager
Inside Higher Ed is looking for an experienced digital media salesperson with demonstrated success in new business development for a high growth opportunity working with our national consulting (and related) clients. We are looking for a motivated self-starter with proven success in managing the sales relationship throughout the sales cycle.
- Identifying and developing new business to meet defined targets and grow the account base
- Prospecting with cold calling, networking and research
- Understanding the company’s offerings with the ability to speak to opportunities and benefits with authority
- Taking a results-driven, consultative approach to sales
- Developing persuasive proposals in response to client needs and opportunities
- Providing regular updates to management
- 100% accountability for meeting and exceeding established goals
- Developing relationships with clients and an understanding of their businesses
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Participating in sales meetings and the sharing of best practices
- 3+ years of successful business development experience
- Experience selling digital advertising
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of the higher education landscape
- Understanding of agency dynamics and campaign buying and planning
- Ability to develop and deliver effective sales presentations
- Strong customer service and ability to build long-term client relationships
- Results driven, deadline oriented, and aggressive approach
- Proven closer
- Ability to work independently and with initiative and remain composed under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Focused, professional demeanor throughout sales process
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Experience using Salesforce
Compensation is dependent on your success. Inside Higher Ed will provide a base salary (determined by the strength and depth of your related sales experience and success), and a monthly incentive plan, as well as a full slate of benefits and a convenient downtown location.
To apply, please send your resume, along with a cover letter specific to this position (no Dear Sir/Madam form letters please), to Laura McFarland at email@example.com. Use this opportunity to sell me - tell me exactly why you are the right person to join our passionate team.
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract or remote opportunities available.
Search for Jobs