March 6, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Anna Maria College: Victoria Reggie Kennedy, a lawyer and the widow of Senator Edward Kennedy.
- Barnard College: President Obama.
- Case Western Reserve University: Paul Buchheit, the creator of Gmail.
- Denison University: Ellen Gould Chadwick, the Irene Heinz Given and John LaPorte Given Chair in Pediatrics at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and the associate director for the Pediatric, Adolescent and Maternal HIV Infection section of the Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
- Johns Hopkins University: Sam Palmisano, chairman of the board of IBM.
- Mount Holyoke College: Azar Nafisi, the author and director of Cultural Conversations at the Foreign Policy Institute of Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies.
- Roosevelt University: Van Vlahakis, owner and chief executive officer of Earth Friendly Products, and Robert Mednick, an accountant.
- Rosemont College: Jane Golden, executive director of the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program.
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago: Eric Fischl, the painter and sculptor.
- Stanford University: Cory Booker, mayor of Newark, N.J.
- State University of New York at New Paltz: Tomás D. Morales, president of the College of Staten Island of the City University of New York.
- York College of Pennsylvania: U.S. Senator Pat Toomey.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading