May 2, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Bryant University: Jeffrey Sachs, director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University.
- Clark University: Carol Geary Schneider, president of the Association of American Colleges and Universities.
- College of Saint Benedict: Anne Thompson, NBC News' chief environmental affairs correspondent.
- Hudson County Community College: Walter G. Bumphus, president of the American Association of Community Colleges.
- Mount Aloysius College: Judge D. Brooks Smith of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Mount St. Mary's College: Sandy Banks, a columnist for The Los Angeles Times.
- Old Dominion University: Les Payne, a reporter and former columnist for Newsday; Wendy Bahr, senior vice president of Global and Strategic Partners for the Worldwide Partner Organization for Cisco; and Jack J. Ross, president and chief operating officer with Dominion Enterprises.
- Saint Michael’s College: Tom Freston, founder and former CEO of MTV Networks, and now adviser to Oprah Winfrey and her OWN Network and to Bono in his charity and advocacy work in Africa.
- San Jose State University: Jenny J. Ming, president and chief executive officer of Charlotte Russe Holding Inc.
- Thomas Aquinas College: Mother Mary Assumpta Long, the foundress and prioress general of the Dominican Sisters of Mary.
- Union College, in New York: Dylan Ratigan, host of a talk show on MSNBC.
- University of Maine at Farmington: Wesley McNair, Maine Poet Laureate and University of Maine at Farmington professor emeritus and writer in residence.
- Wheeling Jesuit University: The Rev. James O'Brien, a professor of philosophy at the university.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute: Roger W. Ferguson Jr., president and CEO of TIAA-CREF.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading