May 4, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Albright College: Bob Spitz, the musician and author.
- Atlanta Metropolitan College: U.S. Representative John Lewis.
- Bard College: Cory A. Booker, mayor of Newark.
- Baruch College of the City University of New York: Christine C. Quinn, New York City Council speaker; and Thomas P. DiNapoli, New York State comptroller.
- Cheyney University: Rev. Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition.
- Chicago Theological Seminary: Father Roy Bourgeois, founder of the School of the Americas Watch and a prominent campaigner for the ordination of women in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Gannon University: Most Rev. Donald W. Trautman, bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Erie.
- Hope College: Heather Sellers, professor of English at Hope.
- Mott Community College: William S. (Bill) Ballenger III, a political writer, publisher and television/radio commentator.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology: Dean Kamen, the inventor and entrepreneur.
- Towson University: Bill Owens, executive editor of "60 Minutes."
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff: Joycelyn Elders, former U.S. Surgeon General.
- Wheaton College, in Illinois: The Reverend Canon Andrew White, chaplain of St George’s Anglican Church in Baghdad.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading