May 23, 2012
- Janel Curry, Byker Chair in Christian Perspectives on Political, Social, and Economic Thought at Calvin College, in Michigan, has been appointed as provost at Gordon College, in Massachusetts.
- William M. B. Fleming Jr., interim president and vice president for development at Palm Beach Atlantic University, in Florida, has been named to the job on a permanent basis.
- Sandra J. Jordan, provost and vice president for academic affairs at Georgia College & State University, has been chosen as chancellor of the University of South Carolina at Aiken.
- Virinder K. Moudgil, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Oakland University, in Michigan, has been named president of Lawrence Technological University, also in Michigan.
- Philip Oldham, provost and senior vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, has been selected as president of Tennessee Technological University.
- José M. Ortiz, superintendent/president of Allan Hancock College, in California, has been appointed as chancellor of the Peralta Community College District, also in California.
(Note: This article has been updated from an earlier version to correct Philip Oldham's new title.)
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading