The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Colgate University: Duncan L. Niederauer, chief executive officer of NYSE Euronext.
- Elon University: Brian Williams, the NBC News anchor.
- Fisher College, in Massachusetts: Maria Stephanos, news anchor on FOX25.
- Hartwick College: Deepak Chopra, the author and health expert.
- Miami University (Ohio): Wil Haygood, reporter at The Washington Post.
- Ozarks Technical Community College: Senator Roy Blunt, Republican of Missouri.
- Rochester Institute of Technology: Alex Kipman, an engineer at Microsoft.
- St. Norbert College: Bud Selig, commissioner of Major League Baseball.
- Tulane University: the Dalai Lama.