- Thomas Friedman is wrong about MOOCs (essay)
- Educators consider struggles of the humanities worldwide
- New Jersey community colleges to launch Web portal to hire, train adjuncts
- U of Texas political tensions to come to a head in legislative hearings this spring
- Academic Minute: Using Social Media to Predict Elections
- Conference on future of academic freedom after the Arab Spring
- Clemson professors criticize 'trivializing' disability awareness event
- News Report Documents Athletics Directors' (Rising) Pay
The Pulse: Going Undercover Online
This month's edition of The Pulse podcast features an interview with Gwen Burbank, an administrator at St. George’s University in Grenada, West Indies, who went undercover as an M.B.A. student in the university's online program.
In it, Burbank -- curriculum manager/instructional technology specialist for the St. George's M.B.A. program -- discusses what she found: instructional design factors, teaching techniques aimed at keeping students engaged and honest, and what she calls the "the good, bad and ugly" of synchronous online learning.
The Pulse is Inside Higher Ed's monthly technology podcast, produced and hosted by Rod Murray, executive director of the office of academic technology at University of the Sciences.
Find out more, and listen to past Pulse podcasts, here.
Search for Jobs