April 16, 2013
- Terry Brown, interim senior special assistant for academic and student affairs in the University of Wisconsin System, has been selected as provost and vice president for academic affairs at the State University of New York at Fredonia.
- Doug Browning, vice president for administration at Frederick Community College, in Maryland, has been promoted to president there.
- David W. Chown, chief academic officer and senior vice president at Upper Iowa University, has been named chancellor of Pennsylvania State University's York campus.
- Sheila (Katie) Conboy, provost and vice president for academic affairs at Stonehill College, in Massachusetts, has been selected as provost and senior vice president at Simmons College, also in Massachusetts.
- Robert G. Duffett, president of Dakota Wesleyan University, in South Dakota, has been appointed as president of Eastern University, in Pennsylvania.
- David L. Mathews, academic dean of business/information technology at Oakland Community College, in Michigan, has been named president of the college's Auburn Hills Campus.
- Timothy Stokes, executive vice president for academic and student affairs at Tacoma Community College, in Washington, has been selected as president of South Puget Sound Community College, also in Washington.
- H. James Williams, dean of the college of business and professor of accounting at Grand Valley State University, in Michigan, has been chosen as president of Fisk University, in Tennessee.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading