April 29, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Bates College: Gary Hirshberg, co-founder and chair of the organic yogurt producer Stonyfield Farm.
- Chestnut Hill College: Mary Louise Quinlan, the author.
- Colgate University: Duncan L. Niederauer, chief executive officer of NYSE Euronext.
- Duquesne University: The Rev. Donald Wuerl, cardinal of the Archdiocese of Washington.
- Emerson College: Max Mutchnick, co-creator of the television show "Will & Grace," and Debbie Allen, the actress and choreographer.
- High Point University: Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple.
- LaGrange College: James H. Shepherd Jr., founder of Shepherd Center in Atlanta, a catastrophic care hospital specializing in the treatment of people with spinal cord or acquired brain injuries, multiple sclerosis and other related health issues.
- Mott Community College: Ira A. Rutherford III, former superintendent of Beecher Community Schools.
- North Carolina Central University: Johnny C. Taylor Jr., president and CEO of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
- Northwestern College, in Iowa: The Rev. Thomas De Vries, general secretary of the Reformed Church in America.
- Rosemont College: Diane Dalto Woosnam, an advocate for the arts.
- Saint Michael's College, in Vermont: Mark Shields, the television commentator.
- University of Washington: Jon Huntsman, former governor of Utah.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading