April 30, 2013
- Heidi M. Anderson, vice president for institutional effectiveness at the University of Kentucky, has been selected as as provost and vice president for academic affairs at University of the Sciences, in Philadelphia.
- Rodney Bennett, vice president for student affairs at the University of Georgia, has been chosen as president of the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Edward B. Burger, the Francis Christopher Oakley Third Century Professor of Mathematics at Williams College, in Massachusetts, has been named president of Southwestern University, in Texas.
- Don Elliman, interim chancellor of the University of Colorado at Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus, has been appointed as chancellor there on a permanent basis.
- Vistasp M. Karbhari, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, has been named president of the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Kwang-Wu Kim, dean and director of the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts and professor of music at Arizona State University, has been selected as president and chief executive officer of Columbia College Chicago.
- Debra Saunders-White, deputy assistant secretary for higher education programs at the U.S. Department of Education, has been appointed as chancellor of North Carolina Central University.
- Jeanine S. Stewart, chief academic officer at Hollins College, in Virginia, has been selected as provost and dean of the college at McDaniel College, in Maryland.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading