August 28, 2013
- Henry C. (Hank) Foley, vice president for research and dean of the graduate school at Pennsylvania State University, has been named executive vice president for academic affairs at the University of Missouri System.
- Algie Gatewood, president of the Cascade Campus of Portland Community College, in Oregon, has been selected as president of Alamance Community College, in North Carolina.
- Lada Gibson-Shreve, dean of liberal arts at Stark State College, in Ohio, has been promoted to provost and chief academic officer there.
- Susan J. Hunter, executive vice president for academic affairs and provost at the University of Maine, has been named vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Maine System.
- Thomas W. Newsom, president of the Art Institute of Dallas, has been selected as president of Mesalands Community College, in New Mexico. (Note: This has been updated to correct the location of Mesalands.)
- Claudia V. Schrader, associate provost for academic development at William Paterson University, in New Jersey, has been chosen as vice president for academic affairs and provost at Bronx Community College, part of the City University of New York.
- Gregory Alan Thornbury, dean of the School of Theology & Missions and vice president for spiritual life at Union University, in Tennessee, has been chosen as president of The King’s College, in New York.
- Marianne P. Vakalis, associate provost for faculty affairs and interim provost at Berkeley College, in New York, has been promoted to provost there.
- Iris Weisman, associate vice chancellor for academic affairs and student services at Antioch University, in Ohio, has been promoted to vice chancellor for academic affairs there.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading