February 3, 2014
- Frederika (Fraka) Harmsen, dean of the College of Natural Sciences and a professor of geology at California State University at Chico, has been chosen as provost and vice president for academic affairs at California State University at Sacramento.
- Karla Hughes, provost and vice president for academic affairs at Morehead State University, in Kentucky, has been chosen as executive vice president and provost for the University of Louisiana System.
- Paul Illich, vice president for research, planning and information technology at McLennan Community College, in Texas, has been appointed as president of Southeast Community College, in Nebraska.
- Eric D. Isaacs, a professor of physics at the University of Chicago and director of Argonne National Laboratory, in Illinois, has been named provost at Chicago.
- Deana Porterfield, executive vice president at Azusa Pacific Online University, in California, has been chosen as president of Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary, in New York.
- Timothy D. Sands, executive vice president for academic affairs and provost at Purdue University, in Indiana, has been named president of Virginia Tech.
- William Seymour, vice president for institutional advancement at Jackson State Community College, in Tennessee, has been selected as president at Cleveland State Community College, also in Tennessee.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading