March 20, 2014
- J. Michael Bitzer, acting provost at Catawba College, in North Carolina, has been appointed to the job on a permanent basis.
- Raymond Cross, chancellor of University of Wisconsin Colleges and University of Wisconsin-Extension, has been appointed as president of the University of Wisconsin System.
- Carolyn Dever, dean of the College of Arts and Science at Vanderbilt University, in Tennessee, has been named provost at Dartmouth College, in New Hampshire.
- Donald J. Laackman, president of Harold Washington College, in Illinois, has been chosen as president of Champlain College, in Vermont.
- Elmira Mangum, vice president for planning and budget at Cornell University, in New York, has been selected as president of Florida A&M University.
- James B. Milliken, president of the University of Nebraska system, has been named chancellor of the City University of New York system.
- Susan Tarnowski, dean of academic affairs at the Art Institutes International Minnesota, has been chosen as vice president of student and academic affairs at South Central College, also in Minnesota.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading