April 17, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- American University of Nigeria: Ambassador John Simon, United States Ambassador to the African Union and former senior director for relief, stabilization and development for the National Security Council.
- Barton College: Anita Brown-Graham, director of the Institute for Emerging Issues.
- Concordia College, in Minnesota: Darrell Ehrlick, editor of The Billings Gazette.
- Eastern Michigan University: Dale E. Heydlauff, vice president of corporate communications for American Electric Power, and president of the American Electric Power Foundation; and David T. Provost, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Talmer Bank and Trust, and president and chief executive officer of Talmer Bancorp, Inc.
- Estrella Mountain Community College: Anna Tovar, Arizona Senate minority leader.
- Howard University: Sean Combs, the entertainment executive.
- Norwich University: General Keith Alexander, former director of the National Security Agency.
- Randolph-Macon College: Brit Hume, the journalist.
- Regent University: Ben Carson, emeritus professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery and pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Trinity Christian College, in Illinois: Dave Larsen, director of Bright Promise Fund.
- University of Rhode Island: Richard Blanco, the poet.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology: Mike Sims, general manager for General Electric Company.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading