April 17, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- American University of Nigeria: Ambassador John Simon, United States Ambassador to the African Union and former senior director for relief, stabilization and development for the National Security Council.
- Barton College: Anita Brown-Graham, director of the Institute for Emerging Issues.
- Concordia College, in Minnesota: Darrell Ehrlick, editor of The Billings Gazette.
- Eastern Michigan University: Dale E. Heydlauff, vice president of corporate communications for American Electric Power, and president of the American Electric Power Foundation; and David T. Provost, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Talmer Bank and Trust, and president and chief executive officer of Talmer Bancorp, Inc.
- Estrella Mountain Community College: Anna Tovar, Arizona Senate minority leader.
- Howard University: Sean Combs, the entertainment executive.
- Norwich University: General Keith Alexander, former director of the National Security Agency.
- Randolph-Macon College: Brit Hume, the journalist.
- Regent University: Ben Carson, emeritus professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery and pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Trinity Christian College, in Illinois: Dave Larsen, director of Bright Promise Fund.
- University of Rhode Island: Richard Blanco, the poet.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology: Mike Sims, general manager for General Electric Company.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading