May 8, 2014
- Kristine L. Barann, vice president of finance at Baker College of Allen Park, in Michigan, has been promoted to president there.
- Mark L. Biermann, vice president for academic affairs and dean of the faculty at Wartburg College, in Iowa, has been named provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at Valparaiso University, in Indiana.
- Tuajuanda Jordan, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of chemistry at Lewis & Clark College, in Oregon, has been appointed president of St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
- Michael John McDonough, provost and vice president of academic services at Monroe Community College, in New York, has been selected as president of Raritan Valley Community College, in New Jersey.
- Sharon E. Morrissey, executive vice president for programs and chief academic officer at the North Carolina Community College System, has been chosen as vice chancellor for academic services and research at the Virginia Community College System.
- John Raftery, pro vice chancellor at Oxford Brookes University, in Britain, has been selected as vice chancellor at London Metropolitan University, also in Britain.
- S. David Wu, dean of the P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science at Lehigh University, in Pennsylvania, has been appointed provost and executive vice president at George Mason University, in Virginia.
- June Pierce Youatt, acting provost at Michigan State University, has been named provost and executive vice president for academic affairs there.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading