August 13, 2014
- Gene C. Couch Jr., executive vice president at Alamance Community College, in North Carolina, has been chosen as president of Virginia Highlands Community College.
- David Doré, dean of instruction for career and technical education at Mesa Community College, in Arizona, has been named president Pima Community College’s Northwest Campus.
- Leigh B. Goodson, vice president for research and institutional advancement at Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences and OSU-Tulsa, has been selected as president of Tulsa Community College, also in Oklahoma.
- Sister Maureen McGarrity, provost at Holy Family University, in Pennsylvania, has been appointed as president there.
- Francis (Frank) Mulgrew, president of Online Education Institute at Post University, in Connecticut, has been appointed as president of Mount Washington College, in New Hampshire.
- Mark Nook, senior vice president for academic and student affairs for the University of Wisconsin System, has been named chancellor of Montana State University's Billings campus.
- Stas Preczewski, interim president of Georgia Gwinnett College, has been named to the job on a permanent basis.
- Kurt L. Schmoke, interim provost and general counsel at Howard University, in Washington, D.C., has been chosen as president of the University of Baltimore, in Maryland.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
- New presidents or provosts: Bradley Dodge City DTCC Gallaudet Gwinnett Manor Northwestern Conn. Rochester Washington Woodbury
- New presidents or provosts: Arkansas Tech Central Lakes Farmingdale Illinois Itasca King Oxnard Toledo Wheaton
- New presidents or provosts: Australian National Berkeley Boston FDU Foothill-De Anza NAU NMHU SVC Tallahassee
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading