August 21, 2014
- James Ball, vice president of academic and student affairs and dean of the faculty at Carroll Community College, in Maryland, has been promoted to president there.
- Ann D. Bieber, interim president of Lehigh Carbon Community College, in Pennsylvania, has been named to the job on a permanent basis.
- Donald R. Boomgaarden, dean of the College of Music and Fine Arts at Loyola University New Orleans, in Louisiana, has been selected as provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at the University of Scranton, in Pennsylvania.
- Vicki Leigh Colvin, vice provost for research and Pitzer-Schlumberger Professor of Chemistry and Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Rice University, in Texas, has been named provost of Brown University, in Rhode Island.
- Robert Duncan, a state senator in Texas, has been selected as chancellor of the Texas Tech University System.
- Lisa Freeman, interim executive vice president and provost at Northern Illinois University, has been named to the job on a permanent basis.
- Doretha O’Quinn, vice provost of multi-ethnic and cross cultural engagement at Biola University, in California, has been appointed as provost and vice president for academic affairs at Vanguard University, also in California.
- Janice Scharre, interim associate vice president of academic affairs at Salus University, in Pennsylvania, has been named provost and vice president for academic affairs there.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading