February 27, 2015
- Phyllis Callahan, dean of the College of Arts and Science at Miami University, in Ohio, has been named provost and executive vice president for academic affairs there.
- Wim de Villiers, dean of the University of Cape Town's Faculty of Health Sciences, in South Africa, has been appointed rector and vice chancellor of Stellenbosch University, also in South Africa.
- Gloria Fisher, interim president of San Bernardino Valley College, in California, has been promoted to the job on a permanent basis.
- Reverend Daniel S. Hendrickson, associate provost for academic initiatives at Marquette University, in Wisconsin, has been appointed as president of Creighton University, in Nebraska.
- Neil Quigley, provost at the Victoria University of Wellington, in New Zealand, has been chosen as vice chancellor at the University of Waikato, also in New Zealand.
- Jonathan Reed, interim provost at the University of La Verne, in California, has been named provost and vice president for academic affairs there on a permanent basis.
- Garnett S. Stokes, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at Florida State University, has been selected as provost and executive vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Missouri at Columbia.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading