April 14, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- Berry College: Lee Walburn, an editor and columnist.
- Centenary College, in Louisiana: Jay B. Varkey, one of five Emory University infectious disease physicians who treated the first two patients with the Ebola virus in the United States.
- DePaul University: Public relations innovator Richard Edelman and humanitarian activist Sister Rosemary Nyirumbe are among a list of seven commencement speakers.
- Knox College: Bill Whitaker, a 60 Minutes correspondent.
- Maryville College: W. Neal McBrayer, a judge for the Tennessee Court of Appeals.
- Mount Wachusett Community College: Kevin Berg, an executive at CBS.
- North Carolina Central University: Arne Duncan, U.S. secretary of education.
- Saint Peter's University: Cornell W. Brooks, president of the NAACP
- University of Massachusetts at Boston: Regina McCarthy, administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- University of Puget Sound: Carrie Hessler-Radelet, director of the Peace Corps.
- Utica College: Gwen Ifill, moderator and managing editor of Washington Week and co-anchor of PBS NewsHour with Glen Ifill and Judy Woodruff.
- Virginia Tech: Eric Schmidt, Google executive chairman.
- Western Connecticut State University: Former Connecticut Governor M. Jodi Rell.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading