April 17, 2015
- Denise A. Battles, provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, has been chosen as president of the State University of New York at Geneseo.
- Hank M. Bounds, commissioner of higher education for the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning, has been named president of the University of Nebraska system.
- J. Bradley Creed, provost and executive vice president and professor of religion at Samford University, in Alabama, has been appointed as president of Campbell University, in North Carolina.
- Lewis M. Duncan, former president of Rollins College, in Florida, has been selected as provost of the Naval War College, in Rhode Island.
- Mark C. Gordon, president of Defiance College, in Ohio, has been chosen as president of William Mitchell College of Law, in Minnesota.
- Dale Keefe, professor of physical chemistry at Cape Breton University, in Australia, has been promoted to vice president academic and provost there.
- Edwin Trevathan, dean and professor of epidemiology in the College for Public Health and Social Justice at Saint Louis University, in Missouri, has been appointed as executive vice president and provost at Baylor University, in Texas.
- Mike Williams, vice president of advancement at Harding University, in Arkansas, has been named president of Faulkner University, in Alabama.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading