April 24, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- Berea College: Naomi Judd, the singer, songwriter and actress.
- Bunker Hill Community College: U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren.
- Carnegie Mellon University: Alan Alda, the actor and advocate for science.
- Carthage College: Laura Ling, the journalist.
- Dartmouth College: David Brooks, columnist for The New York Times.
- Dominican University: Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa, neurosurgeon and author of Becoming Dr. Q: My Journey From Migrant Farm Worker to Brain Surgeon.
- Eastern Michigan University: Sally Young, a television producer.
- Houghton College: Andy Crouch, executive editor of Christianity Today.
- Northeastern Illinois University: Rita Moreno, the actress.
- Tuskegee University: Michelle Obama, first lady of the United States.
- West Liberty University: Kristina K. Williams, chief operating officer for the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading