May 5, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- Bentley University: Scott A. Blackmun, chief executive officer of the United States Olympic Committee; and Laura Sen, president and chief executive officer of BJ’s Wholesale Club.
- California State University at Dominguez Hills: Forest Whitaker, the actor; and others.
- Felician College: David Kastan, the George M. Bodman Professor of English at Yale University.
- Georgia Institute of Technology: G. Wayne Clough, president emeritus of the university; and General Philip M. Breedlove, Supreme Allied Commander for Europe.
- Hudson County Community College, in New Jersey: Nicole Sardinas, director of nursing education at Jersey City Medical Center Barnabas Health.
- Mesa Community College: Deborah Bateman, vice chair of the board of National Bank of Arizona.
- St. Ambrose University: Haley Scott DeMaria, a swimmer who returned to competition following a severe spinal cord injury.
- Stevens Institute of Technology: Kevin Mandia, president of FireEye Inc.
- Suffolk University: Governor Charlie Baker of Massachusetts; and others.
- Thomas Aquinas College: Sister Regina Marie Gorman, the vicar general of the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles.
- University of Illinois at Chicago: Maria Hinojosa, the television journalist; Victor Dzau, president of the Institute of Medicine; and others.
- West Virginia Wesleyan College: Thomas B. Courtice, a former president of the college who is senior consultant for AGB Search of the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading