May 12, 2015
- Trey Berry, provost and vice president for academic affairs at Southern Arkansas University, has been promoted to president there.
- Bruce E. Bursten, Distinguished Professor of Chemistry and former dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, has been selected as provost at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Grant H. Cornwell, president of the College of Wooster, in Ohio, has been chosen as president of Rollins College, in Florida.
- Marten L. denBoer, provost and vice president for academic affairs at California State Polytechnic University at Pomona, has been appointed as provost of DePaul University, in Illinois.
- Michael R. Gorman, superintendent of the Pemberton Township Schools, in New Jersey, has been named president of Salem Community College, also in New Jersey.
- Graham Glynn, vice provost and executive dean of collegewide programs at Mercy College, in New York, has been chosen as provost at Fort Hays State University, in Kansas.
- Colleen Perry Keith, president of Spartanburg Methodist College, in South Carolina, has been appointed as president of Pfeiffer University, in North Carolina.
- Rosanne Somerson, interim president of the Rhode Island School of Design, has been promoted to the job on a permanent basis.
- Timothy S. Tracy, dean of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Kentucky, has been named provost there.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading