May 13, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- Bloomfield College: Robert Unanue, president of Goya Foods.
- Brown University: Robert Corrigan, former president of San Francisco State University.
- International Technological University: Tim Westergren, founder of Pandora.
- Kalamazoo College: David Finkel, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author of The Good Soldiers and Thank You for Your Service.
- Kingsborough Community College of the City University of New York: Dennis Walcott, former New York City schools chancellor.
- Northern Virginia Community College: Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe; and Stacey Ocander, dean of health and public services at Metropolitan Community College, in Nebraska, and president of the National Network of Health Career Programs in Two-Year Colleges.
- Reed College: Kathleen Saadat, an advocate in Portland for economic justice and equal rights.
- Rhodes College: U.S. Senator Robert P. Corker.
- Trinity College, in Connecticut: Reverend James Morris Lawson Jr., the civil rights leader.
- University of Scranton: The Reverend Scott R. Pilarz, the former president of the University of Scranton and current president of Georgetown Prep; and James Cummings, director at the Department of Defense’s Global Emerging Infection Surveillance and Response Systems.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading