June 8, 2015
- George Bridges, president of Whitman College, in Washington, has been selected as president of Evergreen State College, also in Washington.
- Amy Bragg Carey, vice president for institutional advancement at University of Northwestern, in Minnesota, has been chosen as president of Friends University, in Kansas.
- Lisa Gentile, dean of the School of Arts and Sciences at Westminster College, in Utah, has been promoted to provost there.
- Kenneth S. Hawkinson, provost of Western Illinois University, has been appointed president of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.
- Alysia Johnston, vice president for academic services at Coffeyville Community College, in Kansas, has been named president of Fort Scott Community College, also in Kansas.
- Daniel F. Mahony, dean of the College of Education, Health and Human Services at Kent State University, in Ohio, has been selected as president of Winthrop University, in South Carolina.
- Trevor McMillan, deputy vice chancellor and provost at Keele University, in Britain, has been promoted to vice chancellor there.
- Gail M. Simmons, provost and vice president for academic affairs and a professor of biology at Manhattanville College, in New York, has been appointed provost and senior vice president of academic affairs at Hofstra University, also in New York.
- John M. Wiencek, interim provost and vice president of academic affairs at Virginia Commonwealth University, has been appointed provost and executive vice president at the University of Idaho.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading