July 24, 2015
- Frances Bronet, distinguished professor and dean of the School of Architecture and Allied Arts at the University of Oregon, has been named provost and senior vice president of academic affairs at Illinois Institute of Technology.
- David J. Fike, president of Marygrove College, in Michigan, has been chosen as president of Golden Gate University, in California.
- Mark Hagerott, senior civilian and deputy director of the new Center for Cyber Security Studies at the U.S. Naval Academy, in Maryland, has been selected as chancellor of the North Dakota University System.
- Chelsea Hansen, dean of general studies at Allied American University, in California, has been promoted to provost and chief academic officer there.
- J. Michael Hardin, dean of the Culverhouse College of Commerce at the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa, has been appointed provost at Samford University, also in Alabama.
- Thomas Huebner, dean of student services at Shelton State Community College, in Alabama, has been selected as president of East Mississippi Community College.
- Heidi Macpherson, provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, has been named president at the State University of New York College at Brockport.
- Martin T. Meehan, chancellor of the University of Massachusetts at Lowell, has been chosen as president of the University of Massachusetts System.
- Steven Siconolfi, vice president of academic affairs and provost at Rockford College, in Illinois, has been named provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Mansfield University, in Pennsylvania.
- Betty Young, interim president of Hocking College, in Ohio, has been appointed to the job on a permanent basis.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading