July 28, 2015
- Sheila C. Bair, former chair of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, in Washington, has been named president of Washington College, in Maryland.
- Rick Caulfield, provost at the University of Alaska-Southeast, has been promoted to chancellor there.
- Jose L. Fierro, vice president of academic affairs and chief academic officer at Laramie County Community College, in Wyoming, has been selected as president of Cerritos College, in California.
- Melik Peter Khoury, executive vice president at Unity College, in Maine, has been named chief academic officer there as well.
- Steven D. Leslie, former provost and executive vice president at the University of Texas at Austin, has been chosen as executive vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Texas System.
- Steady Moono, vice president and chief administrative officer at the West Campus of Montgomery County Community College, in Pennsylvania, has been appointed as president of Schenectady County Community College, part of the State University of New York System.
- Marysz Rames, interim president of Dakota State College, in South Dakota, has been chosen as president of Wayne State College, in Nebraska.
- Clifton Sanders, interim provost at Salt Lake Community College, in Utah, has been appointed to the job on a permanent basis.
- Peter Slee, deputy vice chancellor at the University of Huddersfield, in Britain, has been named vice chancellor of Leeds Beckett University, also in Britain.
- Peter Uvin, provost and professor of political science at Amherst College, in Massachusetts, has been appointed vice president of academic affairs and dean of the faculty at Claremont McKenna College, in California.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading