August 7, 2015
- Brad Andrews, senior vice president for student success and strategic enrollment at Carthage College, in Wisconsin, has been appointed president of Southwestern College, in Kansas.
- James C. Bean, provost at the University of Oregon, has been selected as provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Northeastern University, in Massachusetts.
- Joseph D. Bessie, professor of philosophy and former provost at the University of Wisconsin-Stout, has been named provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Minnesota State University-Moorhead.
- Ryan Carstens, vice president for academic affairs at New Mexico State University, has been chosen as president of Spokane Community College, in Washington.
- Alan LaFave, dean of the School of Fine Arts at Northern State University, in South Dakota, has been promoted to provost and vice president of academic affairs there.
- Edward F. Leonard III, president of Bethany College, in Kansas, has been named president of Birmingham-Southern College, in Alabama.
- Ronald Mason Jr., president of Southern University and A&M College System, in Louisiana, has been chosen as president of the University of the District of Columbia.
- Margaret McKenna, acting director of the Sillerman Center for the Advancement of Philanthropy at Brandeis University and former president of Lesley University, in Massachusetts, has been appointed president of Suffolk University, also in Massachusetts.
- Kerri Schuiling, professor and dean of the College of Health Sciences and Professional Studies at Northern Michigan University, has been promoted to provost and vice president for academic affairs there.
- C. Reynold Verret, provost and chief academic officer at Savannah State University, in Georgia, has been named president of Xavier University of Louisiana.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading