August 12, 2015
- Matt Dane Baker, executive dean of the College of Science, Health and the Liberal Arts at Philadelphia University, in Pennsylvania, has been promoted to provost there.
- Edward Bush, vice president for student services at Riverside Community College, in California, has been selected as president of Cosumnes River College, part of California's Los Rios Community College District.
- John B. Clark, acting university executive director for business and industry relations at the City University of New York, has been appointed president of Western Connecticut State University.
- Robin G. Cummings, acting health director for the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, has been chosen as chancellor of the University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
- Mary Hensley, executive vice president for college operations at the Austin Community College District, in Texas, has been named president of Blinn College, also in Texas.
- Douglas G. Knerr, executive vice president and university provost and professor of history at Roosevelt University, in Illinois, has been appointed provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs of the University of Michigan-Flint.
- Marcus Long, vice president for administration at St. Louis College of Pharmacy, in Missouri, has been chosen as president of Mount Marty College, in South Dakota.
- Kenneth M. Macur, president and dean of Bethany College, in Kansas, has been named president of Medaille College, in New York.
- Maria Thompson, provost and vice president for academic affairs at the State University of New York at Oneonta, has been appointed president of Coppin State University, in Maryland.
- Scott Williams, vice president of academic affairs and chief academic officer at Owensboro Community and Technical College, in Kentucky, has been promoted to president there.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading