September 4, 2015
- Tashni Dubroy, special assistant to the president for process optimization and chair of the department of natural sciences and mathematics at Shaw University, in North Carolina, has been promoted to president there.
- Lynn Gillette, former president of Sierra Nevada College, in Nevada, has been selected as provost and vice president for academic affairs at Nicholls State University, in Louisiana.
- Paul C. Johnson, dean of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University, has been named president of the Colorado School of Mines.
- Anthony G. Kinkel, president of Wichita Area Technical College, in Kansas, has been chosen as president of Motlow State Community College, in Tennessee.
- Barbara McDonald, interim president of Minnesota West Community and Technical College, has been selected as president of North Hennepin Community College, also in Minnesota.
- Michael Palis, professor of computer science at Rutgers University at Camden, in New Jersey, has been promoted to provost there.
- Charles Powell, president of John F. Kennedy University, in California, has been chosen as president of Bastyr University, in Washington.
- Louise Richardson, principal and vice chancellor of the University of St. Andrews, in Scotland, has been named vice chancellor of the University of Oxford, in Britain.
- Joseph Martin Stevenson, chief academic officer at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology, in Illinois, has been promoted to provost there.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading