January 29, 2016
- Dennis Assanis, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, has been chosen as president of the University of Delaware.
- Sarah Bolton, dean of the college and professor of physics at Williams College, in Massachusetts, has been named president of the College of Wooster, in Ohio.
- W. Scott Cochran, senior director of client development at Performance Solutions by Milliken, a consulting firm in South Carolina, has been appointed president of Spartanburg Methodist College, also in South Carolina.
- Arthur Dunning, interim president of Albany State University, has been named to the job on a permanent basis.
- John Hayek, associate vice chancellor and chief of staff for academic affairs at the University of Texas System, has been chosen as vice chancellor for academic affairs at the Texas State University System.
- Kathryn E. Jeffery, president of Sacramento City College, in California, has been named superintendent and president of Santa Monica College, also in California.
- Paul Jones, interim president at Darton State College, in Georgia, has been selected as president of Fort Valley State University, also in Georgia.
- Karl R. Kunkel, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Pittsburg State University, in Kansas, has been named provost at Southeast Missouri State University.
- Thomas Manley, president of Pacific Northwest College of Art, in Oregon, has been chosen as president of Antioch College, in Ohio.
- Steven R. Moser, interim provost and professor of music at the University of Southern Mississippi, has been promoted to provost and senior vice president for academic affairs there.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading