March 7, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- Albright College: John R. Garrison, the public health advocate.
- Assumption College: Carolyn Woo, CEO of Catholic Relief Services.
- Carthage College: Paul Ryan, speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Dickinson College: Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf.
- MGH Institute of Health Professions: Ellen Zane, former president and CEO of Tufts Medical Center and Floating Hospital for Children.
- Oglethorpe University: Derreck Kayongo, chief executive officer of the National Center for Civil and Human Rights.
- Ohio Northern University: Tammy McIntire Stefanovic, a pharmaceutical executive; David Greene, a host of NPR’s Morning Edition; and William E. Orr Jr., chief of strategic military justice legislation and policy for the United States Air Force Judiciary.
- Pomona College: Deborah Bial, founder of the Posse Foundation.
- Rochester Institute of Technology: France A. Córdova, director of the National Science Foundation.
- Salem State University: Marian Wright Edelman, founder and president of the Children’s Defense Fund; Micho Spring, president of Weber Shandwick-New England region; and Neil Chayet, host of Looking at the Law.
- Union College, in New York: Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker.
- University of North Texas: Steven Davidson, special assistant to the U.S. assistant secretary for fossil energy.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading