April 8, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- American Public University System: J. D. Polk, a senior medical officer with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- Bates College: U.S. Representative John Lewis, a civil rights pioneer.
- Clark University: Catalina Escobar, founder and director of the Juan Felipe Gomez Escobar Foundation, which provides health care services in Cartagena, Colombia.
- Iowa State University: U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz.
- Juniata College: Betty Ann Cherry, professor emerita of history at the college.
- Montgomery County Community College: Craig L. Adams, CEO of PECO.
- Newbury College: Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito.
- Norwich University: General Raymond Odierno, former U.S. Army chief of staff.
- Pacific Oaks College: Dolores Huerta, co-founder of United Farm Workers of America.
- Rutgers University at New Brunswick: Bill Moyers, the broadcast journalist.
- Saint Anselm College: Michael Sheehan, CEO of The Boston Globe.
- San Jacinto College: Ric Campo, chairman of the Super Bowl LI Host Committee and CEO of Camden Property Trust.
- University of Delaware: Bryan Stevenson, founder and executive director of the Alabama-based Equal Justice Initiative.
- University of Richmond: Charlayne Hunter-Gault, the journalist, and others.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology: Christine Keville, president and CEO of Keville Enterprises.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading