April 21, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- American University: Loretta E. Lynch, U.S. attorney general; and others.
- Baton Rouge Community College: W. Dennis Epps, senior vice president for workforce solutions of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System.
- Davidson County Community College: U.S. Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina.
- Dillard University: Terrence “J” Jenkins, the actor, author and philanthropist. (This corrects an earlier post with the incorrect speaker.)
- Illinois Institute of Technology: Chris Gladwin, founder of Cleversafe.
- Lyndon State College: Naila Baloch, associate chaplain at Middlebury College’s Scott Center for Spiritual and Religious Life.
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland: Kojo Nnamdi, the radio host.
- Thomas College: Lawrence J. Sterrs, former chief executive officer of UniTek and its telecom subsidiary, UniTel Inc.
- University of California at San Diego: Muhammad Yunus, founder of the global microfinance movement and Nobel Peace Prize recipient.
- University of Puget Sound: U.S. Representative Derek Kilmer of Washington State.
- Virginia Tech: Mona Hanna-Attisha and Marc Edwards, two professors who helped expose the dangers in the water supply of Flint, Mich.
- Willamette University: Governor Kate Brown of Oregon; and others.
- Wofford College: Paige West, a professor of anthropology at Columbia University and chair of anthropology at Barnard College.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading