May 20, 2016
- Mohamed Abdelrahman, associate vice president for research and graduate studies at Texas A&M University Kingsville, has been selected as vice president for academic affairs at Arkansas Tech University.
- Cynthia Azari, interim president of Fresno City College, in California, has been named president of Oxnard College, also in California.
- Hara Charlier, vice president of instruction and student services at Virginia Highlands Community College, has been appointed president of Central Lakes College, in Minnesota.
- Margaret DuPlissis Diddams, assistant provost at Seattle Pacific University, in Washington, has been chosen as provost of Wheaton College, in Illinois.
- Andrew Hsu, dean of the College of Engineering at San Jose State University, in California, has been selected as provost and executive vice president for academic affairs at the University of Toledo, in Ohio.
- Bart Johnson, interim provost/chief academic officer at Itasca Community College, in Minnesota, has been named to the job on a permanent basis.
- John S. Nader, provost at the State University of New York College at Delhi, has been chosen as president of SUNY’s Farmingdale State College.
- Catharine O’Connell, vice president for academic affairs and student life and dean of the college at Mary Baldwin College, in Virginia, has been selected as provost and dean of the college at Illinois College.
- Alexander W. Whitaker IV, chief of staff and secretary to the Board of Trustees at Berry College, in Georgia, has been appointed as president of King University, in Tennessee.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
- New presidents or provosts: Central Oregon Illinois St. Lander Oakton Toledo Ursuline UNI
- New presidents or provosts: Andrews CWU Kansas Laredo Nassau North Arkansas Rhode Island USFSP West Va. State
- New presidents or provosts: Arkansas Bennett Bishop Central Alabama Emporia Gadsden Marian Marshall Monticello
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading