October 26, 2016
- LaVerne Harmon, executive vice president at Wilmington University, in Delaware, has been named president there.
- Douglas J. Jensen, president of the Alabama Technology Network, has been chosen as president of Rock Valley College, in Illinois.
- Tau Kadhi, associate provost for academic programs and undergraduate research at North Carolina Central University, has been selected as provost and vice president for academic affairs at Albany State University, in Georgia.
- Robert Perrins, former acting academic vice president at Acadia University, in Nova Scotia, has been appointed provost and academic vice president at Mount Saint Mary’s University, in California.
- Vernon C. Smith, vice provost of distributed learning at the Benerd School of Education at University of the Pacific, in California, has been chosen as senior vice president and provost at the American Public University System, in West Virginia.
- Stephen Toope, director of the University of Toronto’s Munk School of Global Affairs and former president and vice chancellor of the University of British Columbia, has been named vice chancellor of the University of Cambridge, in Britain.
- John T. Weispfenning, president of Santiago Canyon College, in California, has been appointed chancellor of the Coast Community College District, also in California.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
- New presidents or provosts: Alamo Fairfield Lewis-Clark Menlo Merced Santiago Tidewater UM-Rochester
- New presidents or provosts: Albany Antioch Delaware Fort Valley Santa Monica Southern Mississippi SEMU Spartanburg Texas State Wooster
- New presidents Albany Pharmacy Baker Brock CSCC Missouri Mount Mercy UNMC
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading