Pacific Oaks College has announced that Carolyn Denham is resigning as president after 10 years in office. The California college, known for its innovative approaches to teacher education, has been struggling financially and considering closure. While Denham has pushed for more fiscal control, many students and professors have faulted her for not fully embracing the college's non-traditional spirit. The college announced this month that it is considering mergers or other changes to remain financially viable.
- Fiscal Prudence or Scare Tactics
- Regulators grapple with questions about independence of private colleges in a nonprofit system
- Moody's predicts college closures to triple by 2017
- Will More Colleges Merge?
- College merger negotiations are long and complicated
- Time to Close the College?
- Coming Together
- Essay on issues for colleges to consider when mergers are being discussed
Search for Jobs