Female college students may be drinking excessively based on a false assumption. A study published in this month's Psychology of Addictive Behaviors finds that many female students drink on the assumption that male students will find them more attractive. But scholars who polled male and female students found that, in a variety of situations, the women overestimate how much the men want them to drink -- generally by one and one half drinks.
- Understanding 'Guyland'
- Another Round (or Five)
- Gender and Booze
- Eckerd president criticized for his advice to students on how to avoid rape
- Unwanted Sexual Contact, in Context
- Red Bulls and Risky Behavior
- Study offers new evidence that scientists are biased against women
- Leadership Without the Limelight
Search for Jobs