- When MacArthur Geniuses Teach Online
- New Presidents or Provosts: Antioch University McGregor, Coker College, Coleman College for Health Sciences, MacArthur Foundation, West Virginia U.
- Apparently, Geniuses Don't Work in the South
- Quick Takes: Rhetoric and Protest at Columbia, Education Dept. Unveils College Search Site, Genius Grants, What the CDC Missed, Berry Settles Rape Suit, Freshman Charged in Shootings, Student Satisfaction Gaps, Campus Visits, ACC Impact
- Quick Takes: MacArthur Names 'Genius' Fellows, Mellon's $10 Million in Katrina Aid, Downturn for Apollo Group, Another ITT Lawsuit Dismissed
Robert Gallucci, dean of the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University, has been named as the next president of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation. The foundation is best known for its fellows program (commonly called the "genius awards," although the foundation doesn't promote that phrase). Many academics have won those awards, but higher education has also received significant support from the fund through other grant programs. In 2006, the foundation started a five-year, $50 million effort to support studies on how digital technologies are changing the way young people learn and engage in civil life.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories