Robert Gallucci, dean of the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University, has been named as the next president of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation. The foundation is best known for its fellows program (commonly called the "genius awards," although the foundation doesn't promote that phrase). Many academics have won those awards, but higher education has also received significant support from the fund through other grant programs. In 2006, the foundation started a five-year, $50 million effort to support studies on how digital technologies are changing the way young people learn and engage in civil life.
- Professors Win MacArthur 'Genius' Fellowships
- Academics Win MacArthur 'Genius' Fellowships
- New Presidents or Provosts: Antioch University McGregor, Coker College, Coleman College for Health Sciences, MacArthur Foundation, West Virginia U.
- Newly Tenured ... at Beloit, Bryant, Denison, Elon
- Humanities' Constituencies
- When MacArthur Geniuses Teach Online
- A New Class of MacArthur 'Genius' Awards
- Fixing the Babel of Multi-State Licensure
Search for Jobs