Students from ethnic groups in the Middle East and surrounding regions are pushing the University of California to add a "Middle Eastern" box on admissions forms, saying that they do not feel comfortable with either "white" or "other," the Los Angeles Times reported. At the University of California at Los Angeles, groups representing Arab, Iranian, Afghan and Armenian students are pushing for the change. They are basing their campaign on the success of Asian American groups in getting the university -- and many other colleges -- to consider different Asian subgroups in admissions.
- Encouraging Political Incorrectness and Civility
- Revolt Against Outsourced Courses
- Fairfield U. Drops SAT Requirement
- Boston College Students, Denied Ayers, Discuss Academic Freedom
- Professor of Hate?
- Delay for Loan Auction, Help for Borrowers
- Prayers From the Dugout
- New Programs: Career Readiness, American Studies, Sustainability, Behavioral Analysis
Search for Jobs