- Essay on issues for colleges to consider when mergers are being discussed
- Adjuncts at Lutheran university win right to unionize
- Fiscal Prudence or Scare Tactics
- Davidson will keep requirement that president be Presbyterian
- Saybrook joins growing nonprofit education system, a possible new model for higher ed
Pacific Oaks College announced Wednesday that it is seeking to be merged into another institution. The California college has long been known for its highly personal, non-traditional approach to training teachers. But for several years, it has struggled financially and faculty members have accused board members and the former president of failing to understand the institution's values. A board statement Wednesday said: "The merger option was regarded as the best course of maintaining and preserving the 62-year old college’s mission, tradition, and philosophy. A sharp decline in student enrollment over the past few years combined with projected budget deficits placed the college’s future in jeopardy."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories