Joseph Massad may have won an epic tenure battle at Columbia University. No official announcements have been made by Columbia or Massad, but The Angry Arab News Service -- a blog sympathetic to him -- quotes him as confirming campus reports that he has been assured of tenure. Many scholars of Middle Eastern studies believe Massad deserves tenure and that his promotion has been held up unreasonably because of opposition by pro-Israel groups. Those groups, in turn, say that Massad is hostile not only to Israel but to students whose views on Israel differ from his own.
- War and Peace at Columbia
- Middle East Wars Hit Princeton
- UCLA chancellor criticizes pledge asked of student government candidates
- Israel in the American Classroom
- New statement seeks to reframe academic debate about Israel boycott
- War of Words Over Paper on Israel
- Furor Over Norm Finkelstein
- Input or Intrusion?
Search for Jobs