Joseph Massad may have won an epic tenure battle at Columbia University. No official announcements have been made by Columbia or Massad, but The Angry Arab News Service -- a blog sympathetic to him -- quotes him as confirming campus reports that he has been assured of tenure. Many scholars of Middle Eastern studies believe Massad deserves tenure and that his promotion has been held up unreasonably because of opposition by pro-Israel groups. Those groups, in turn, say that Massad is hostile not only to Israel but to students whose views on Israel differ from his own.
- Scrutiny and Standards for Branch Campuses
- War and Peace at Columbia
- New Presidents or Provosts: California State U.-San Bernardino, Carroll College (Mont.), Sage Colleges, South Texas College of Law, State U. of New York-New Paltz, U. of Dayton, U. of Hawaii-Manoa,
- Can We Be Buds?
- The New Endowment Portfolio
- UCLA chancellor criticizes pledge asked of student government candidates
- Input or Intrusion?
- Middle East Wars Hit Princeton
Search for Jobs