A for-profit education company owned by a leading private equity firm has bought Florida Technical College, which operates three career-oriented campuses, according to Stifel Nicolaus Investment Banking, which announced the sale. EduK, which operates several colleges in Puerto Rico and is financed by Leeds Equity Partners, completed its purchase of Florida Technical College from Forefront Education, Stifel Nicolaus said. Florida Tech operates 17 programs on three campuses. Terms of the sale were not disclosed.
- While Public Colleges Feel Pain, For-Profits See Gains
- Following in Kaplan's Footsteps
- The End of 'Hypergrowth'
- Upbeat Assessment of Career College Market
- Nonprofit Colleges as Takeover Targets
- Growth of For-Profit Colleges Moderates
- Enrollments tumble at for-profit colleges
- World Bank affiliate invests $150 million in for-profit college provider
Search for Jobs