Louisiana State University has fired Ivor van Heerden as a research professor and deputy director at the university's Hurricane Center. The New Orleans Times-Picayune reported that van Heerden -- who does not have tenure -- was not given a reason for his dismissal, and that the university isn't talking, citing confidentiality requirements. Van Heerden played a prominent role in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, criticizing the Army Corps of Engineers, among others.
- Whistle Blower Sues LSU
- State Court Backs Tulane in Lawsuit Over Closing of College
- Being There
- Where There's a Will...
- Years After Katrina, Southern-New Orleans Gets Key Rebuilding Grant
- Order of Nuns Fires a College President and Board
- Why Did 4 Professors Who Worked in Same Building Die?
- A Firing Without a Reason?
Search for Jobs