Two tribesmen from New Guinea have sued Jared Diamond for defamation, saying that an article he wrote for The New Yorker falsely states that they committed murder and other crimes, the Associated Press reported. The article was about traditions of vengeance. Diamond -- whose books are taught at many colleges -- is a professor of geography at the University of California at Los Angeles. A spokeswoman for The New Yorker declined to discuss the specifics of the case, but said: "We stand by our story; we stand by Jared Diamond."
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brock U., College of William
- Bowdoin Punishes Professor Who Provoked
- Managing Large Writing Projects
- Left Out of NCAA Leadership
- Give Me Liquidity!
- Success Obscured by Controversy
- Another Catholic Commencement Controversy
- Cedarville Student Journalists Protest PR Oversight
Search for Jobs