Northern Illinois University last week gave a special alumni honor to the Sereno Family -- two brothers and four sisters who came from modest means, earned their undergraduate degrees at the institution, and went on to earn Ph.D.'s from top programs and to pursue academic careers. The siblings (in order of graduation) and their current academic homes and disciplines are: Martin (psychology, University College London), Paul (paleontology, University of Chicago), Joan (linguistics, University of Kansas), Margaret (psychology, University of Oregon), Anne (neurobiology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston and Rice University) and Sara (psychology, University of Glasgow). The Chicago Tribune ran a profile on the family.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Chicago State U., Davenport U., Hostos CC, Pittsburg State U., Sarah Lawrence College, South Dakota State U., Stetson U.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Emmanuel College, Kansas City Kansas CC, Kaplan U.-Lincoln, Oregon Health
- New Presidents or Provosts: American U. of Beirut, Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Lone Star College-Cyfair, U. of Texas-Brownsville/Texas Southmost College
- 6 Killed in Northern Illinois Shooting
- Oil spills and Post-docs
- The New Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Taking Their Medicine
Search for Jobs