The Apollo Group, the parent company of the University of Phoenix, is considered a purchase of BPP, the only for-profit higher education entity in Britain with degree-granting authority, The Times Higher reported. Both government officials and educators in Britain view the potential purchase as significant, as it could be a springboard for Apollo's ambitions in the country.
- Large salaries for for-profit executives in Britain
- New Doubts on For-Profits in Britain
- Quick Takes: Phoenix Rises, Turmoil at Tribal College, Remaking Minnesota
- Quick Takes: Apollo Profit Rises, Tex. Colleges Lose Vanity Plates
- Business is booming for American for-profits in Brazil. Is that good?
- Apollo Goes Global
- Readier for Prime Time?
- Quick Takes (Update): Major Shift in For-Profit Higher Ed, Out Before He Started, Gender and Students' Online Habits, Union Institute Sells Vermont Campus, Education Wind Technicians, Wonkery as Poetry
Search for Jobs